Friday, June 19, 2009

Windows: Open!


Windows: Open!, originally uploaded by Tall Pines Lodge.

So today, a hotbed of activity. The gas company was here most of the day swapping out parts of the hot water heater, which has been out of service since Monday. Related news, I found it very North by Northwest to be carrying around simple toiletries in my bag and showering at the Health & Racquet club all week long.

So while the dudes were hammering away in the basement (and actually quite enjoying themselves, which was refreshing), I decided that, take no prisoners, I was going to work open all the paint-sealed windows up at tall pines. Here's some blessed fresh air (pictured) from the first one I got open. Talk about satisfaction!

And from here, I went throughout the house -- and by God, I got them all open. 17 windows, all operational.

Also, the gas company removed the gas line from the fireplace so I am closer and closer to a full-on wood burning open hearth fireplace.

No comments: