Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thursday Doctor Visit

I went to go see the Doc on Thursday. One of those times where you call up the office and say, "I need to see Dr. C today. Whenever. No exceptions. Today. Not tomorrow. Today, ten minutes from now if possible."

My throat is red and such, probably from iritants. I mean, I DID rip out a lot of carpet from 1955, there's gotta be some throat irritation in that, no matter what the precautions (respirator, fans, shop vac).

The eating? Well, guess what -- Dr. C thinks it's all stress, anxiety, fear, the works. Physical manifestations of acute psychological problems. And you know what? He's really pretty concerned about that. I fought hard to hold back the tears in his office too -- I think his being concerned got to me, and I'm pretty sure he noticed. I was such a buyer's remorse mess. Terrible. Pathetic.

Dr. C takes it very seriously, God bless him, and he put me on Klonopin. Not "pop one when you feel pissed off" -- rather, two a day. Every day. For a month. Then let's see how you feel. Well, I think, welcome to pills.

Also (and this is truly smart thinking on my part -- the kind of presence of mind and ingenuity that I'm famous for ... ) I get a tetanus shot. How about that!! Figure there's gonna be a thousand rusty nails up here during this renovation, let's get the shot now and then when the inevitible scrape comes along, I won't have to wander to a boon-dock country doctor looking for a shot. Nice!

No comments: