Remember the ambitious plans for plank flooring upstairs? Still love the idea, but there's a hitch -- alarm system cables that were previously just run under the carpeting. These are cables to and from door sensors, window triggers and motion detectors -- as well as lines for notification, monitoring, the panic buttons (yeah, panic buttons, seriously!) and the sirens. What to do!!
I should also say that the alarm system is in perfectly good working order and it's quite nice to have a little peace of mind with the thing. You know, in case a bear breaks in or something.
So, I think I have three options ... 1) Rip out all the wires and go ahead with the plank flooring, 2) Have the alarm company come rewire (costly, I'm sure), 3) Go for wall-to-wall carpeting.
Project photos, including a preliminary layout of the planks, can be found here
Damn!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment