Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Route 206


Route 206, originally uploaded by Tall Pines Lodge.

Hey there -- so get this. Many of you know I am a motorcyclist. Well, I have been distracted a lot in the past couple of weeks in preparation of an annual week+ long motorcycle trip called "motoTour." My best pal RP and I go on it, and we're gearing up for it right now. The trip starts Friday, July 24.

Last week, I went down to DC via the BoltBus and brought back a whole new touring bike, a Kawasaki Concours (pictured). Its a real dream machine, about the best sports-touring bike you can get dollar-for-dollar, pound-for-pound. Those who appreciate a bargain will be happy to know I got it for a song.

So, even though LP and I spent some time this weekend trying out sample wall colors around the house, for the next week or so, Tall Pines will be turned over to house-sitters DA and KD and their two tots, while I hit the road for the third moroTour, moto3our.

If you want to check it out, RP and I will be joint blogging and tweeting the whole adventure at http://moto3our.blogspot.com. And my pictures from the trip will be getting uploaded here. And of course, on Twitter @moto3our.

Enjoy that! And we'll get back to renovating Tall Pines after this break. Speak to you soon!

No comments: